The Daily Sheeple May 8 2013
We are gathered here today, beloved, to mourn the passing of a dear old friend.
We’re going with an open-casket ceremony. I hope none will be offended at that.
Here is the corpse, and I encourage you to view it. (You must admit, he still looks remarkably fresh!)
“The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”
Our close friend, the 4th Amendment to the US Constitution, is gone. As you know, he had been suffering for a long time. He was afflicted at the end of his life by a wasting disease that slowly chipped away at his vitality. And let’s just be honest: The ones who could’ve maybe saved him generally didn’t realize what was wrong until it was too late.
He began his life along with a band of nine brothers, as one brought into the world to oppose and restrict the reach of tyrannical government. By all accounts, he did his job well. But old age started to catch up with him, as it does with all of us. Little afflictions, small aches and pains, grew into a malady that took his life.
We won’t dwell here on all of them, but some of the major blows to his health included the following:
- The USA PATRIOT Act came along and greatly expanded the government’s ability to do wiretapping operations focused on US citizens.
- It also granted federal law enforcement such as the FBI and DHS the authority to write their own search warrants, free of judicial review.
- The TSA was established and began naked-image scanning of Americans based on zero suspicion of terror or any crime at all. Any objectors were treated to physical pat-downs and what is now a long list of abusive horror-stories.
- The feds launched a program that will eventuate in thousands of unmanned surveillance drones flying over our cities. Not because they have any probable cause. Not because there has been any kind of “due process.” Just to watch us.
- In the wake of the Boston bombing, citizens were subjected to what amounts to “house arrest” based on zero suspicion, and then warrantless house-to-house searches. We knew our friend was on his death bed when these actions were actually hailed as heroic by those who suffered them.